These midnight munchies are getting out of hand.

Damn, I was hungry.  I woke to the notion that I had fallen asleep nursing my child.  There was breastmilk all over his little chin and neck, cleanup!  I had tried really hard to stay awake so I could hydrate with my other son's leftover milk or juice.  The sad part:  I was really craving that milk and juice!  My eyes were so heavy I could barely keep them open.  It felt as if an unexplainable force had dominion over my eyelids
  This old soul caved in, as much as I tried to keep my eyes open, I fell asleep.  Then baby bit me!  Woo chileeeee!  I Felt that nerve from the top of my head down to my toes!  I awoke to the pain of teeth clenching on me and tried my best not to yell what i felt "Oouucchh!"  I thought to myself "oh yeah, I didn't eat dinner, haha".  Indeed I hadn't, instead I'd spent my evening doordashing.  Oh and getting a flat tire, that too.  
So here I was: half awake, hungry and thirsty.  Too late and too tired to get food... Or maybe too lazy.  We'll go with too late, it was an hour before midnight anyways.  Like any reasonable supporter of my fellow co-workers, I ordered doordash.  That's how the rich stay rich right?  
With one eye open, barely seeing what I'm typing; i clicked "submit order".  Made sure I gave a 20% tip, because you know how it is when you drive and there's no tip!  And then, it started happening again.  Pinche!  I started to fall asleep again and this time I really couldn't help it.  I even blew one of those reeky farts right before I drift Off to sleepy land.  Baby got fumigated.  Poor thing, I wonder if he can tell what a fart even is.  Honestly one day when I'm old someone's going to pass mad gas in front of me while I'm asleep with my mouth open.  Come to think of it, hubby's pretty good with those deadly stink bombs, S.B.D.'s! (silent but deadly's).
Now it's 3:16 a.m. and I'm typing this article as everyone sleeps and I burp the cookie and cheeseburger i just ate.  Which i downed with a warm Hi-C. There was ice, it was just melted.  It was still soo good or maybe I was just that hungry.  
Woo!  Just got a notification from doordash, asking how my order went.  Hmm let me think, ok I'll give them 5 stars.  Even though the dasher didn't hand it to me.  We all need a job, right.  Who am I to be a booty wipe and give this guy a bad review. For all I know this could've been his last delivery of the night!
Well that's all folks, I'm just curious:
Has this ever happened to you, you wake up to eat then have trouble going back to sleep?  I hope I'm not alone and that the burger doesn't give me an heartburn.  
Till the next time!
Lili G

Comments